My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Saturday 9 April 2011

Thanks Meryl

The appearance of my daughter has kicked off a lot of weeping. Not Harriet's fault I might add - she hasn't been kicking Nanny wearing DMs or anything like that. Just kicked off memories for Ma which are clearly distressing - family holidays etc. Also Ma is confusing her with me as unfortunately for H she is the spit of me at the same age. Poor lass, I hope genetics from the other side will kick in at some point and she has a decent stab at looking normal.

I honestly do not like Meryl Streep as an actress. Yes I know she's supposedly brilliant. I just get annoyed with all the accents already.

And don't get me started on Mama Mia. However... Dad loved it. And once I'd persuaded Ma that she was actually watching it, she is now happily humming and singing along because he loved it.


So thanks Meryl. I owe you one x

No comments:

Post a Comment