My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Thursday 29 March 2012

*STOP PRESS*!!

I'd arranged to meet Glen and Lynne this morning to see Ma (it gets complicated but they are Ma's sister's daughters-in-law). Due to the the idiocy of the general public and my promise to do Betty's shopping, I got snagged in the Tesco petrol station grid-lock (not buying fuel, just couldn't get out!) so was a good 20 minutes late getting there.

Ma was definitely much much better than I've seen her for a while. She was 'chatting' with the three of us and was clearly comfortable and content.

However, speaking to the staff it transpires that she ate a WHOLE Weetabix for breakfast.

I know!!

She was in a quiet area without distractions and that has definitely helped. She is just too bloody nosey so tries to follow any movement and also hears other conversations and tries to contribute! Bernadette (manager) said that they would try the quiet area idea again and see if it works.

However she is clean, comfortable and content. I really can't ask for more than that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another birdy blip .... I do get a bit fixated on the things I blip, sorry! Makes a change from flowers though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment