My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Thursday 11 August 2011

Tooting my own trumpet for a second

This chap http://www.robertaldridge.com/ has included my poem Saga Love in his LoveSongs song cycle which has just been published. I feel incredibly honoured and flattered.

Does this make me a proper published person now rather than just a cook book writer?

Edited to add the poem. Just in case you are one of the few people I haven't already forced this upon.

Saga Love

Love me when I'm old and shocking
Peel off my elastic stockings
Swing me from the chandeliers
Let's be randy bad old dears

Push around my chromed bath chair
Let me tease your nasal hair
Scaring children, swapping dentures
Let us have some great adventures

Take me to the Dogs and Bingo
Teach me how to speak the lingo
Bone my eels and bring me tea
Show me how it's meant to be

Take me to your special places
Watching all the puzzled faces
You in shorts and socks and sandals
Me with warts and huge love-handles

As the need for love enthrals
Wrestle with my dampproof smalls
Make me laugh without constraint
Buy me chocolate body paint

Hold me safe throughout the night
When my hair has turned to white
Believe me when I say it's true
I've waited all my lives for you

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic Bee! And love the poem, I think I may have seen it before but a reminder is always a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Bee - some of it is a bit close to home. Well the 'and bring me tea' bit. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful .

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness me I love this- no matter how often I read it , it makes me smile , gives me goosebumps and brings a tear to my eye. You are brilliant, Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, not read it before, you're just brilliant Bee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually sighed at the last line of your Poem.. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete