My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Ring Ring

Hello?

Oh hello, it's Ocupational Therapy here. Just to let you know your mum will be coming home tomorrow.

Oh right. How easy will it be to cope with her?

She's fine. She's had a wash this morning and is using her frame. We'll send her home by ambulance. Bye.



Bye then.

I sincerely hope she doesn't need lifting. Or I'll be in A&E having my wrist/elbow/shoulder dislocations reduced.

Every cloud though. At least she'll stop asking when. But not today because they've already told her she's going home. I expect she's got her coat on by now.

3 comments:

  1. Have you got it set up that the district nurse calls?
    Is her bed the right height? IS the loo the right height?
    Do people know that you are not going to be able to lift her - even in an emergency?
    Will someone nursey call each morning, to get her up/dressed and in the evening to reverse the process??

    Hope you are OK -not surprising your IBS has kicked off again.
    Good luck.
    S/Bo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. S/Bo - I've literally just come off the phone to the hospital social worker. My cousin David and his wife are going to visit Ma this afternoon and are happy to meet up with him. Having been in a similar situation with my Aunt they know exactly what is required and how difficult it will be for me, and more to the point, won't hold back in saying so. Fingers crossed that there is a good outcome x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Bee! Been away and just caught up. Your posts make me smile, but absolutely do understand how hard this can be. Glad your cousin is batting in your corner. Trouble with being Superwoman is, you're blooming well expected to be, no holidays. Best, hon. :)

    ReplyDelete