My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Friday 12 August 2011

We can rebuild her

Thankfully Ma finally went to theatre at 08:00 yesterday morning. I went to afternoon visiting but she was still very much out of it, incapable of focusing never mind conversation. Well, I say that but she was clearly having a conversation with someone. Probably giving my dad a hard time (for a change...). However not so out of it not to try getting out of bed or remove her drip or catheter.

I'm sure she'll be much better today and hope she wasn't too troublesome for the night staff. I did buy them doughnuts as an apology in advance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just spoken to the Ward Sister:  'From a physio point of view she's going to be smashing....' Or in other words 'We can't keep her in bed.'

No comments:

Post a Comment