My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Monday 26 March 2012

Beautiful Monday

Such a glorious day today, the sort of day to make your heart sing. I managed some early morning dew spangled blips and enjoyed watching the birds and some truly enormous bees frolicking around - one bee was frolicking so hard it got its feet stuck in Ma's dralon curtains and had to be encouraged to get off.

Ma's tum is still a bit off unfortunately. I don't think this has anything to do with the difficulties the staff are having getting any food inside her, that is purely down to flat refusal and her habit of talking continuously (and/or constantly) whenever food approaches her mouth. I understand that the dietician has been called upon again so I will be very interested to hear the outcome of that assessment. Last week the advice I was given was to put Complan in her food. Which as I said at the time, would've been quite useful about 8 months ago. I'm not sure how else I can put across the fact that she simply does not want to eat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been sent some fabulous old family photos by one of my cousins. He and his brother are happy for me to post a couple of them on here. Ma was such a glamour puss, it's no wonder Dad absolutely adored her. The second one must be circa 1971/2. It may not let me post any more so will save them for another day. If you click on the photo you will see a larger version.
Ma, Dad, Auntie Eileen. Peter in front.

Ma (centre front in purple mini dress), Pa (in brown suit to the right of her with something white in his hand), Auntie Anne (far right), Me (second from left aged about 12 in green suit thing between  Uncle John and Nana, Ma's mother), Peter (next to Ma, crouching - no idea), Uncle Ernie (Ma and Anne's brother, standing behind Auntie Anne, he also has late-stage dementia)





No comments:

Post a Comment