My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Time Off

Had a lovely day yesterday with my cousin and his wife (and their utterly squeezable granddaughter). Tiring for mum though as she was convinced that the M62 was a new motorway, we went to see her sister (who has Alzheimers), went out for a meal and she had several glasses of wine.

Today I'm heading back to Devon for a couple of days and then spending the weekend in Cheltenham. Lovely Betty who lives across the road will check on Ma tonight and give her her medication. My brother will pick her up tomorrow and take her back to Rotherham until Monday when I pick her up.

There will be tears this morning but so be it. I will leave her food in the microwave for tea and prime it so all she has to do is shut the door and wait for the ping.Will ask Betty to check that she eats it...

See you Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I gave you a wave as you passed by on the M5... did you see me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too busy trying to hide my tweets from the Old Bill!!

    ReplyDelete