My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Thursday 12 May 2011

A better day

Much better day today, no food arguments at all and everything offered or suggested has been eaten and enjoyed. I think she's completely lost the ability to turn on the shower now as this will be the fourth day on the trot that she's told me it's broken. She's still very confused about when she's going to stay with Jo and Ian (and I'm going to Devon) so asks roughly every hour or so to make sure she has enough pills before I leave. In future I will definitely keep any arrangements to myself until the last minute.

The Aga has been fixed (hurrah!) and the gas hob disabled so we won't get a repeat of yesterday where I found Ma doing a poached egg with all four gas rings going but only one of them lit. Scary.

Other than that, a quiet day for both of us. I'm feeling mildly blue but that is probably due to the weather, my hormones or being on the wagon.

Or all of the above. 

2 comments:

  1. Is the Aga the stove? Scarey thought that 4 burners were spewing gas and only one lit. You are so lucky there wasn't an explosion or fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the Aga is a stove, a very old fashioned kind with no moving parts. If you Google Aga you will see what I mean.

      Delete