My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Monday 6 June 2011

On your marks...

Ma has an ultrasound scan today at 13:45, she's been up and ready since just after 5. I told her she could have a slice of toast for breakfast but then nothing until after the scan. She refused breakfast.

Just found her in the kitchen eating KitKats. Arrgghh.

She's also been looking for shoes to wear to the party on Saturday. My goodness she has an awful lot of shoes!

Update

The ultrasound scan has thrown up a few questions in the lady bits department so there is to be an appointment with the gynaecologist within the next two weeks. But they don't think it's anything sinister.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ma is still very teary. Anything from driving down the street to Morrisons to eating a pie can set her off. I guess that after being together for almost 60 years everything you do is laden with memories. For her sake I hope things start to ease soon. I've suggested talking to Cruse but she won't have any of it yet, maybe (hopefully) in time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I've organised for Sky+HD to be installed. This is mainly for Ma's sake but also to save my sanity, there is only so much daytime ITV I can take. So from Thursday we will have a billion channels to watch and I fully intend to make sure we look at most of them - even though she watches wall to wall ITV she doesn't really like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want an iPad. But only because I want to play Angry Birds. Look I never said I wasn't completely shallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment