My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Wednesday

It has been a very long day.  Ma has been on one of her 'mission' days so it started with a very early shower ('it's still broken') then visiting every neighbour. After that she got ready for her evening out and has been waiting to go out since 12:00. She has asked (literally) every 10 minutes 'is that someone at the door?' and going to put her coat on. It does get wearing after a while.

I guarantee that when I need her to be up and out for a blood test at 08:55 tomorrow she will be snoring away lol!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We've had thunder and lightning and torrential rain on and off today - I've been calling it tropical storm EeByGum - and it has played merry hell with the bird feeders. I've chucked all the sodden seed onto the lawn tempting the sparrows to dance in and out munching the seed when there's a break in the weather and we must have at least 8 blackbirds in the garden at the moment, four or five or them juveniles. Lily spends a lot of time chuffing out of the window...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we know Ma is out tonight so I've made a variation on harira using up the meat from the lamb shank we didn't eat last night and the leftover stock along with chickpeas, ras al hanout, mint, coriander, lemon juice and eggs. Smells fab. If I wasn't so carb phobic I'd probably add a couple of handfuls of cous cous and have it with some flatbread. But to be honest it is quite thick and unctuous so I will have it with a mint, cucumber and onion affair, dressed with lemon and a little salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment