My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Wednesday 21 December 2011

Getting ahead

04:20am HELLO?? HELLOOO?? IS ANYBODY THERE???

*sigh*

 Go back to bed Mum, it's still the middle of the night.

But I need to get a bar. And do the whatsername but I haven't done it yet. I'd rather have that, is that ok with you? And I've found this...

*sound of wrapping paper being torn*

>>Gives in and gets up<<

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So we've done some baking today. Well I've been baking to the soothing backgound sounds of Smooth Xmas on the wireless and the regular clunk and rattle of someone trying to open the front door roughly every two minutes.

Mince pies, sausage rolls, carrot cake, chestnut stuffing, pigs in pyjamas and a white chocolate dream tart done. Just a ham, bread sauce and veg prep to do on Christmas Eve - other stuffing, gravy and cranberry relish already done. Although I confess to blowing up the second carrot cake. I must remember to get the baking powder and bicarb quantities the right way round... And just nipped to Tesco to do Betsy's Christmas food shop for her where it was surprisingly easy to get a parking space and straight onto a till at the end. Clearly around 15:20 is a good time to go.

I think we might have a take away tonight - I'm shattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment