My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Saturday 3 December 2011

Weekend Blog 03/12/11

Friday started quite early - around half five-ish with Ma doing the usual thing about having been in bed on her own all night. I suppose it makes a change from partying with the multitudes on the floor.

We set off to visit my Aunt in high spirits, Ma was really looking forward to it. It takes about an hour to get there depending on the traffic so about 20 minutes in she was getting anxious and naturally at the first set of lights on the East Lancs road she tried to get out of the car. It's funny how when we get in and out on the drive she can't operate her seatbelt or open the door but put us in the middle of fast moving traffic...

I'd warned Auntie Peg that we probably wouldn't stay long so she wasn't unduly upset when Ma bolted down half a salmon sarnie and then asked if we were going. We'd been there less than half an hour and I'd barely had a bite of my cheese and tomato! We left at 10am, it's an hour each way and we were back for 12:30.

Peter arrived, I left and headed south west.

My granddaughter is adorable, my son performed in a show at the Landmark theatre in Ilfracombe tonight and I'm heading back again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your visit Bee and have lots of lovely cuddles with your adorable grand-daughter.

    ReplyDelete