My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Saturday 8 October 2011

New Thermals

After taking the dog for her very early post-op check up (and being fleeced another £15 for four more antibiotics) I took the opportunity to pop into M&S when they opened for some of their new season thermal undies for Ma. She's spent the day in thermal undies and two layers of fleece and STILL has to sit under the heated throw. Mind you Lily wasn't complaining...






The conversation this afternoon mainly revolved around a friend who has recently died, naturally this has upset Ma and brought back memories of Dad so quite a difficult few hours, but managed to persuade her to eat two hot dogs in a finger roll for her tea. She's now watching Strictly. Well I say watching, mostly she talks to Bruce and the judges and keeps asking me who people are. Mind you I've just discovered she does do a very funny impersonation of Chelsea Healy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05:05

Hello??

Hello Mother

Are you awake?

I am now

Oh ok. I'll leave you to it then

(whimper)

1 comment: