My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Monday 23 January 2012

Here we go again - a very short update

Monday morning dawned. I say this with certainty because I was wide awake when it happened. This would be because Ma crashed about all night not settling in bed for any longer than 5 minutes at a time. Today she has dozed frequently but not for any prolonged period and therefore I am feeling a bit knackered.

My plan to keep her awake until 7:00 by turning the TV up has worked so well it's stirred her up to the point where she is pacing, shouting at people on the television, cushion worrying and door rattling. So not going to settle any time soon and I'm not rushing to get her to bed, it might pay off with a decent night in the long run. I can but hope!

She's eaten everything today - not a massive amount admittedly - but without any battles.

Every cloud.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's blip and here's the others

Ps. I've corrected all the other Blip links so they should show the correct photograph for that day.

1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed for you and hope you both get a good kip tonight. It must be very exhausting for you. I hope you are looking after yourself too. All the best Bee xx

    ReplyDelete