My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Here's the thing

At the moment my life is one long Two Ronnies sketch. We are both in the same room but reading from different scripts. And one of us secretly chopped up their script and threw the bits in the air. When asked a question or making conversation they dip their hand into the bag and trot out a string of unconnected words.

As a comedic device it is unfailingly successful but woe betide me if I don't give the right response or lose my sense of humour.


*leaves room with throw, tries front door, returns without throw*

You've left your blanket Ma

What blanket?

The one you took out of the room

Well she'll be here in a minute with the other girl

Your knees will be cold without it

*sobs* You hate me don't you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Potato is home and phoned this afternoon. Naturally this hasn't stopped the endless questions about where he is but at least I can now say that he'll be here a week on Friday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's blip

As it is my day off tomorrow I promise to go outside and take something using a wide-angle panoramic lens!

1 comment:

  1. Patience is a virtue. Are you feeling virtuous, Bee? Is hard sometimes. A lot of the time! xx

    ReplyDelete