My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Friday 2 September 2011

Breakfast!

I used to do this when the childen were small, they loved a 'sunflower' breakfast. It seems to have worked for Ma too, she ate it all.





Perhaps I need to resurrect some of the other things you do for toddlers - faces, boats etc...

ETA: Just realised that tray is 34 years old! It commemorates the Queen's silver jubilee. If you look closely you can just see 1977 bottom right.

3 comments:

  1. I think that's inspired Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toddler food may be the way forward Bee. Mild taste and minimum texture. Try sunshine potatoes (swede & potato mash) pretty colour, light texture n vitamins too, my kids loved it so did my special needs diners. Bogey mash was another favourite (mushy peas!) but the name may put Ma off....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at bogey mash! She wont eat mushy peas any longer unfortunately. I do mashed parrot (potato and carrot) - another favourite with my children, and have done the swede version but like the name sunshine potatoes :)

    ReplyDelete