My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Thursday 29 September 2011

Oh well.

She was up 7 times during the night. I felt jet-lagged this morning but got her showered and breakfasted in plenty of time for the transport which arrived at about 09:45.

Unsurprisingly I've spent several hours of today asleep.

She got off the bus in borderline hysterics at 17:00 and the zimmer frame was practically thrown at me, I took this to mean that she didn't particularly enjoy her day. An hour and a half of tears, accusations and a truly massive tantrum later she is happily tucking into sticky toffee pudding and cream. The dog has had the ham sandwich she flung at me and I am still shaking with distress. She has stated in no uncertain terms that she will not be going again. I can't quite work out what was so horrible and in fairness I don't think anything actually was, just that she didn't and doesn't want to go.

Unfortunately it looks like my one day off a week isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Edited to add: I'm not really surprised, just disappointed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. Oh Bee - that's so disappointing. Is there any way she can go back to the place she was last week on a one day a week basis? You so much need and deserve a day off. {hug}

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Bee))

    Agree so much with ChrisAnn.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete